Saturday 18 July 2009

The Value of Friendship

Jim-eh feels happy!

And he is about to tell you for why. Even though he doesn't understand why people sometimes say that - "for" before why. What purpose does it serve?? Answers not on a postcard, but some kind of media format which is relevant in today's society. Actually, a postcard would be nice - quite romantic isn't it? Yeah, send me a postcard then. If you like.

So anyway, yes. You want to know why I'm happy, don't you?

What do you mean, you don't care?

So, what are you doing here then? You clicked onto this page - somehow - by total accident, and just happened to take a glimpse of this paragraph telling you off for not caring about my present frame of my mind?

In any case.

I've just been for a run, around my sleepy, quiet hometown. A very serene, peaceful place. The weather was very mild, and obviously being after dark it just seems even more quiet that usual. But I didn't just go on my own - as I have often taken a stroll around this calm, tranquil place, many a time, through the changing of many a season and as all the stages of my life have gone by.

I went with my good friend, Yudai.

And this evening, not only did I rediscover the beauty that rests right outside my door which I cannot even begin to describe here, and the awesomeness that is the area surrounding the Chatsworth estate to which we were lead on our path, but the importance and incredible value of true friendship.

There is absolutely nothing in this life like having a true friend by your side. It's one thing to be fortunate enough to live in this delightful world, but having people to share it with just takes it all to a whole other level of wonder.

I remember the moment this thought occurred to me. As we ran, we came across a little pathway leading towards the Chatsworth estate, over the bridge beyond the sweetshop, which I have not been down for quite sometime and has certain special memories attached to it. I don't quite know what set this feeling off, but I was suddenly very grateful for his friendship and I, like many others, am going to miss him when he goes back to Japan at the end of August.

I'm going to enjoy many more such evenings - most likely alone from now on, but in a way that's ok.

Tonight was special. I just wanted to capture this feeling now - recording it here, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment